- 200 gms of Macaroni
- 1 small red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp of coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp of white pepper powder
- ½ tbsp of black pepper powder
- 5 tbsp of butter
- 5 tbsp of shredded gouda cheese
- 1 lime
- Salt to taste & water as required
- 3 tbsp of olive oil (extra virgin)
- Take a medium pan, put 2 ½ cups of water, add 1 tbsp of salt, 1 tbsp of olive oil (extra virgin) and allow it to boil. Now add 200 gms of macaroni into the boiling water and take it out after 2 minutes.
- Put the boiled macaroni on a sieve and wash it once with cold water (room temperature). Immediately add 2 tbsp of olive oil and mix it properly, it will help the macaroni not to stick together.
- To prepare the white sauce, heat a saucepan, put 2 tbsp of butter, 1 tbsp of olive oil, and melt it in low flame. Add finely chopped onion with garlic and stir it until colour changes. Add 4 tbsp of coconut milk, stir gently, and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes in low flame.
- Add 3 tbsp of shredded gouda cheese with ½ tbsp each of white and black pepper powder. Keep stirring in low flame until the sauce thickens.
- Take another frying pan and add 3 tbsp of butter. Allow it to melt in low flame and add the macaroni. Stir to mix the butter with macaroni.
- Now add the buttered macaroni into the sauce, stir in medium-low flame so that the sauce and macaroni can meld together without sticking.
- Pour the macaroni into the serving bowl and garnish it by shredding little lime zest, 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of shredded gouda cheese.