- Take two portions of chicken tangdi, marinate with 4 tbsp curd, 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste, 1 tbsp each of tamarind paste, Kashmiri red chili powder, mustard oil, and 1 tsp turmeric powder. Mix it properly and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Now wash 2 tbsp of almonds and 2 tbsp of raisins. Blend it into a smooth paste, and add little water after the first blend. Keep the paste aside.
- Heat a grill pan and place the marinated chicken tangdi pieces. Drizzle with some mustard oil and cook until golden brown on both sides. Put the grilled pieces in a kitchen towel. It will take approximately 20 minutes to grill both the tangdi.
- Take a wok and put ¼ cup of butter. Keep stirring the butter in a low medium flame until it melts properly. Add the finely chopped onion and 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste. Stir until it is brown and caramelized.
- Add 4 tbsp of tomato puree with 1 tbsp of garam masala, 1 tbsp of cumin powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, and chicken masala. Mix it properly, add little water and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes on low flame till the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the almond and raisin paste and mix it properly. Add 1 cup of water and cover the pan to simmer for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Once the masala and paste are blended, add the grilled chicken tangdi pieces. Add a little salt to taste and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes on low flame to absorb the masala mix.
- Your delicious Chicken Tangdi Masala is now ready to serve. Garnish with some freshly chopped coriander, and you can add 1 tbsp of fresh cream (optional).