As the winter pours mark its presence in Tricity, we feature some of the must-visit tea cafes that are gaining momentum in this oh-so-lovely! weather. After all, good weather and a cup of tea go hand in hand.
These cafés not only promise a relishing cup of tea but also some really mouth-watering quick bites at pocket friendly places. So, if you are an ardent tea lover – here are some prospective places that can serve as your heavenly abode!
1. Khokha: A great place for grabbing quick bites along with a tasty cup of tea, Khokha is one of the most sought-after tea places in Chandigarh. They have a wide variety of teas ranging from Gur Chai to Truck Chai, Khokha Special Masala Chai, Lemongrass Mint Tea, and Jasmine/Rose Tea. In addition to tea, Khokha also serves some of the best menus in terms of roadside food while keeping in mind hygiene, quality, and price. Some of their must-haves include Pav Bhaji, Bhurji Pav, Bun Muska, Kolkata Authentic Rolls, and Amritsar Mathhi Cholle.
Address: Booth No. 123, Madhya Marg, Sector 9C, Chandigarh.
2. Chaayos: A sophisticated tale of experiments with chai, Chaayos is all about getting the perfect cup of tea, just as you like it! With a varied variety of tea flavours along with over 12 add ons, Chaayos provides you a total of over 12,000 ways to make your special chai. They also have a unique menu of snacks that go really well with a cup of tea. From loaded open paranthas to kulhad matar kulcha, keema pav, and baarish wale pakode, Chaayos has it all.
Address: 178, Industrial Area Phase I, Elante Mall, Chandigarh.
3. Chai Garam: The perfect place for ‘chai pe charcha’, Chai Garam is seen to be the go-to adda for people working in IT Park, Chandigarh. A pocket café that is open round-the-clock, Chai Garam has an array of milk teas, green teas, darjeeling teas, and premium teas. They also have a variety of coffee, shakes and lassi for those who don’t want to have tea.
Address: Gate No. 2, DLF Building, IT Park, Chandigarh.
4. Cup & Kitaab: Aesthetically resting in the lush greenery of Sector 64, Mohali, Cup & Kitaab is a great place to hangout with family and friends while grabbing a cup of tea or coffee. They also have a wide range of mouth-watering delights to complement your drink. Some of its must-haves include Maska Bun Omelette, Cheese Toast, Kathi Rolls, and Loaded Nachos.
Address: Phase 10, Sector 64, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Punjab 160062.
5. Falcon Café: A popular café in Panchkula for its delectable breakfast assortment and appealing ambience, Falcon café is a great option to spend some quality time with your loved ones while sipping a cup of tea. Their Saffron Kashmiri Kahwa, Masala Kulhad Chai, and Chai Latte is definitely worth giving a try for all chai lovers!
Address: SCO-05, Sector-16 Hotel Pallavi West, Panchkula, Haryana 134109.